Follow @rachealdoucette

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Philadelphia 76er's Dream Team Dancers

Recently, I've been working with the Philadelphia 76er's Dream Team Dancers as their game day Makeup Artist. How fun, right?! 





I also worked with the girls for their trading card shoot. You can find the images on the Dancers website linked above.  

While I do the makeup in one room, 3 stylists from Salon L'Etoile & Spa provide the hair services in another. The the girl's hair on the website was also created by the fabulous stylists at L'Etoile. You can call 215-483-2500 for an appointment. I work with the team at the Manayunk location. 

Our call time is usually 2.5 Hours before game time. 

I arrive at the press entrance and receive my badge. The security guard at the door checks and tags my bags. Someone then walks me to the girls dressing rooms. 

I set up my station on one end of the room and then begin. There are girls ready for makeup when I arrive, and more stagger in while I'm working.

I work quickly, giving each girl about 10-15 minutes, mainly focusing on the eyes and lips. I finish up with some powder and blush. Most of the girls come foundation ready, which allows for me to work a lot faster. Some girls come back for touch ups prior to hitting the court. 

Usually about a half hour before the game starts, the dancers are ready and leave the dressing room. That's when I gather my things and clean up my area. 

It's really exciting working in such a fast paced environment. I work, work, work, then I'm done.

I'm currently getting ready to work with the dancers this (black) Friday. I'll post some game ready pictures if I get the chance! 

Stay Fabulous! 

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment