Follow @rachealdoucette

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cheap Trick- ELF Review

In my Make Up For Ever post I mentioned a product that is comparable to the HD finishing powder. Well, here's a few products that I think are worth the review and write up. I would highly recommend checking these bad boys out. 

ELF HD Finishing Powder- Easily comparable to the HD Make Up For Ever powder. I actually bought this one day at Target just to compare. At $8, I wasn't too concerned about tossing it in the junk drawer if it sucked. I was beyond surprised and super excited when I discovered how similar the two products were. Best part, its only a fraction of the price and double the size and this powder lasts me way longer. Awesome find. I have seen ELF products for retail in a few different stores, including Target. The powder retails for $6 on the ELF website and you can purchase it HERE.



ELF Makeup Cleansing Cloths- Ok, so I feel like these cleansing cloths are basically all the same. I chose to buy these because of the $3 price point. Enough said. Non-greasy and works great, even on waterproof liners and mascara. Purchase them HERE

ELF Studio Powder Brush- Of all the brushes I own, this might be my favorite. And guess how much I paid for it?! $3. I use it for foundation to get an airbrush effect. I have yet to see a bristle fall out. Find it HERE


ELF Cream Eyeliner- These little jars are great. I would compare it to MAC's fluidline gel liners- incredibly similar. I've only seen colors Black and Brown in stores however, the ELF website has a whole variety of colors to choose from. Retails for $3. Purchase them HERE
ELF Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen- Compare to MAC's Penultimate Eye Liner. A felt tipped eye liner pen that makes application a breeze and lines sharp as can be. As much as I loved the MAC pen, it only lasted for about a week before it dried out. Granted, a felt tip pen is going to dry up rather fast but I really thought for the price, it'd last a bit longer. The ELF felt tip liner outlasted MAC's by weeks. The color is not as intense on the first swipe, but a second application and viola! The cat eye has never been easier. Retails for $2 and at that price, who even cares how fast it dries up! Purchase yours HERE


ELF Studio Blush- I dont know what it is about this little compact of blush that I love, but I do. It's inexpensive and the colors are great. It retails for $3. I would suggest finding a shade similar to your everyday color and compare them. I've ditched my Nars Orgasm (fave) and picked up one of these guys a few months back... I've been loving it ever since. Purchase ELF Studio Blush HERE


These are just a few products that I find very comparable to more expensive lines. I'm basically a makeup junkie so I buy, buy, buy. But it's always nice to come across a product regardless if it's drugstore or department store, that deliver. There's nothing worse (ahem, MAC's eyeliner pen) than a product that fails or just isn't at all what you thought it would be.

Feel free to comment below on products that you find comparable to higher end lines or products that you think are worth every penny. I'd love to hear your feedback!

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment