Follow @rachealdoucette

Monday, June 17, 2013

Marc Jacobs Beauty to launch at Sephora

Marc Jacobs is launching a beauty line!! The designer has paired with Sephora Originals and is set to debut in store August 9th. How exciting!! Tell me you've never obsessed over those fabulous runway looks?! 



Colors are said to be BOLD, with no nude shades, which MJ thinks are "a little lazy". The collection will launch with 122 pieces and is broken down into 4 categories: Smart Complexion foundation and powder, Blacquer eyeliner and lash lifter, Hi-Per Color lip products and eyeshadow, and Boy Tested, Girl Approved unisex essentials. 

MJ told WWD
“I like the idea of transforming oneself, making and modeling yourself to what you feel like being, whether that’s once a day, three times a day, seven times a week, whatever it is. I like the transformative qualities of fashion and fashion to me is not just clothing, it’s handbags, it’s shoes, it’s clothes, it’s hair, it’s makeup, it’s fragrance, it’s the whole ritual of making those choices, of enjoying the ritual, of making the choices that will tell the world who you want to be that day. I think everybody is the star in their own movie. And so you dress the part, depending on how you feel or what the part is that day.”
Also adding: 
“I believe in individuality, and what I think comes across as most stylish and modern is a kind of irreverence and a sort of self-confidence,” said Jacobs. “I don’t find beauty in perfection, meaning Photoshop and airbrush. That doesn’t appeal to me. I like a gap between the teeth, I like mascara that does run a little bit or makeup that’s smudged. I like a bit of imperfection — I find it just more interesting.”

Although the line is set to launch August 9th, Sephora will be hosting a preview the weekend of July 19th. Be sure to stop in and check it out!


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment