Follow @rachealdoucette

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

New Buys

I was walking past Macy's yesterday and saw their not so new makeup window which is right on street level. I couldn't resist so I finally went in. I've literally walked past it so many times but never stopped to check it out. The area is basically like a mini Sephora. Only a few brands but enough to compare and find something you like. There was even skincare. 

I played with some BB cream from Too Faced and checked out Urban's new foundation, both of which I liked. And prior to leaving, I scoped out some Smashbox blushes.




I made my way over to the Mac counter knowing that I wanted a new foundation. If you didn't already know, this is huge. I have faithfully used my Make Up For Ever HD foundation for a few years now. While doing a demo the other day, I used Mac's Studio Sculpt foundation and absolutely loved it's finish. Naturally, I had to go buy it and at what a perfect time... earlier that morning I was literally tearing apart the Make Up For Ever bottle trying to get just one more use out of it. 





I made my foundation purchase and also picked up a new mascara (everyone knows I'm a sucker for a mascara. Probably the thing I buy most of) I decided on the Opulash Optimum Black because I liked the wand and the formula. I used a tester wand and applied some to my already dolled up lashes. I have yet to try it on clean lashes so I'll write an update to this post and let everyone know how I liked it. Of all my mascara's, (none of which I have EVER liked from Mac) I would say Dior still takes the cake with Sephora's Outrageous super close behind. I'll let you know if this ends up in my makeup bag or in my kit. 


Stay fabulous :) 

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment