Follow @rachealdoucette

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quickie: Strip Lashes

So, yesterday I had to spice up my look for a demo I was doing and obviously went for lashes. I chose strips because they're more intense. 


Nothing too crazy, just a pair of from Ardell. Side note: I usually go for Ardell wispies because they tend to be dark at the base and more natural looking overall. (Not what I used in the above picture) My favorite lashes ever are definitely Red Cherry. I'm also dying to try Lilly Galichi's lashes... I'll review those later.  

Strip lashes can initially be intimidating and time consuming however, practice makes perfect. After a few tries, you'll be a pro. Every makeup artist has different tips and tricks. These are my tips and what works best for me. Enjoy :) 

1. First, you can either roll the strip off the package by pressing down on the lashes with your thumb or gently pull the strip from the inner corner at the base. 

2. Measure the strip to your eye before applying glue. I think the easiest is to measure by the outer corner in and trim any excess. I usually cut excess from the inner corner. 

3. Apply a thin layer of glue along the base of the strip. Let the glue sit for about 15 seconds, just enough time to allow the glue to become tacky. 

4. Holding the lashes by the center/ middle of the strip, apply in 3 segments. Start by placing the center of the lash to the center of your eye, closest to the base of your natural lashes. Then attach the outer and inner corners. 

5. Using tweezers, press the strip as close as possible to the base of your natural lashes. It's really important to not have any gaps between the strip and the natural lash line. 

6. Once the strip is secured, allow for some dry time. 

7. Apply a layer (or two!) of mascara, blending your natural lashes into the strip. 

Bat those lashes ladies :) 

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment